Sunday, October 19, 2014

Count Zee - Orgy Of Seven

This release is the extended version of the Idylife flexi. It contains the songs that couldn't fit on the small record. The title track has always been one of my favorite songs of John's. He held it in high regard himself. He resurrected some of the riffs from the song for one of his last releases, Dethskull. I got this on a plain white cassette from John in the mail. One side was the Base Apes Extended Orgy Of Hatred, with the Count Zee material on the B side. I added the label myself, with some green paint that I had left over from a model kit. Bring Me The Head Of Sam Senovich, seems to be a fun take on sibling rivalry. The video game clip that he put in at the end has always caught my ear as well. I don't know which game it came from though.

A fun memory I have of John is when we would call one another's home phones and get the answering machine of the other. Judas Priest's Sad Wings of Destiny is a favorite album of mine, as it was his. We would do our best Halford impersonations on one another's answering machines. I can still hear a telephoned John voice, singing the high note and bit of verse before the guitar solo in Dreamer/Deceiver. It still makes me smile.

Enjoy 


No comments:

Post a Comment