Sunday, September 28, 2014

Fart Kings - Wimpy Hickster

There is about an hours worth of material on this collection. Fart kings and Wimpy Hickster are project names that John used for these solo recordings. I never had a song list for this compilation, so most of the song titles are guessed or just labelled as "instrumental" or "experiments". Cat In My Pants is a Base Apes song. You should check out Sam Senovich's Apes page for everything BA related.

I first heard some of these songs, when John made a video that showcased his friend Bill Spicer's artwork. The video showed a lot of different drawings by the young artist, with music from this collection in the background. I asked John about the music from that video and he kindly made this compilation for me. Damned In Ignorance, Who Killed Roger Rabbit and Return Of The Killer Zit are some favorites of mine. 




No comments:

Post a Comment